Caring for your young ones while they travel is very important to us.
Each airline practices different Unaccompanied Minors policies for their operation. Please ask your sales professional for information on your carrier’s UM policy.
Our Unaccompanied Minors (UM) service is available for children between the ages of 5 and 15. Whether they are travelling on our direct or connecting services, we will take very special care of them.
Who can travel alone?
Children aged 5 -15 years old may travel alone on flights operated by Eastern Airlines, providing there is a pre-arranged Unaccompanied Minors service in place. The Unaccompanied Minors service is optional for children travelling alone over the age of 15.
Who must be accompanied?
Children less than 5 years of age must be accompanied by someone aged 18 or older.
UM service must be requested at the same time the child’s flight is booked by the parent/guardian when calling reservations or your travel agent. The following conditions must also be met in order to process the UM request. Child/Children must possess all the relevant travel documents (valid passport, entry visas) prior to flight departure.
UMs will not be accepted for connecting flights (domestic or international travel)
A charge of US$100.00 is applied for each child, on a direct continuous one-way travel. .
Tips for a safe and happy trip
- Have a chat with your children and prepare them prior to the trip by explaining what to expect including who is going to meet them at the destination airport
- Show them pictures of the airline so they can easily identify us and feel a bit more comfortable before they arrive
- Ensure your child is well rested
- Ensure all their relevant documentation is completed to avoid any unnecessary hassle
- Ensure their hand luggage is light and comfortable and their checked luggage can be easily identified
- Ensure their carry-on has a favorite snack or a few fun items and reading materials of their choice